It was a busy week in the world of networking, with tips and tricks coming at me from every corner. I shouldn't be surprised to find a thread of good storytelling connecting the various places, people and events I find myself at each week, but it never fails. Here's just a sample:
- An opportunity to get to know someone.
- A chance to ask questions.
- A way to get information that you need.
I spoke with a group of nonprofit leaders about how to build a clear message for their organization. How will they use the pitch they built during our session?
- To raise awareness.
- To recruit volunteers.
- To find the resources they need.
- To gain financial support.
I attended a Prosper Women Entrepreneurs event on how to use your networks to support your goals (full disclosure, I work there and I love it!). Some takeaways about what successful business owners do?
- Ask for help.
- Build resources of support around them before they need it.
- Know they don't have all the answers.
- Have the confidence to TRY.
(thanks to Prosper founder Jennifer Ehlen for these tips!)
See... good storytelling is everywhere!